Oranges, Oranges, Oranges!

I've been thinking a lot about the health benefits of oranges, ever since I read that the white part, just below the peel, has more vitamin C and other "phytonutrients" than the juice. Apparently, the white is what the vitamin companies use to make Vitamin C capsules, and most of us just throw it away!

I've been using a knife to peel my oranges, so I can leave as much of the white part on as possible, I actually find that I like the mildness of the white part with the acidity of the juice, my kids like it, too, especially when I explain why we leave it on.

Of course we all know that Vitamin C is an immune booster, but I've recently learned, that it has a big affect on eye health(helping to prevent cataracts), cancer prevention, stroke prevention, it also aids in the production of collagen!

Here are some interesting links I found!
Why Oranges Are Awesome!

Some great uses for orange peels!

Comments

Popular Posts