Jen's Top Book Recommendations for Healthy Eating/Cooking

    • Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon

      • This book requires thought and extra work in eating healthy, so it’s not a “quick fix.” My biggest takeaway this year has been the idea of making my own bone broth. It is very nourishing and makes me feel soothed and fortified. 

      • Another takeaway for me is the idea of eating more fermented foods. I haven’t been able to invest the time in fermenting my own foods, but I’ve been more choosey at the grocery store. I’ve purchased Bubbies brand sauerkraut and pickles, and I bought fermented kimchi from a brand I can’t recall.

    • Healing Foods: An Easy to Use Guide to Eating Your Way Back to Health, by Nicola Graimes

      • This book inspired me to eat more vegetables, fruits, whole-grains, and lean meats/fish by offering the health benefits/vitamin content of each in a beautifully illustrated format

Comments

Popular Posts