Meal Plan Ideas: What I'm Eating this Month


  • Breakfast:
    • Home-made chia pudding with kefir, chia seeds, cinnamon, and real maple syrup.
    • Morning smoothies:
      • Green: spinach, celery, green apple, cucumber, lime, fresh ginger, ice (add just enough water to blend)
      • Berry: Blueberries, spinach, banana, yogurt (no added sugar), ginger, chia, flax, maca root powder, matcha powder (I can use this as my caffeine in the morning, and it’s good for oral health), and just enough water and ice to blend.
    • Walnuts as a go-to snack in the morning hours
    • Once or twice a week I have an egg over easy with some garlic and fresh ginger grated on top
Over Easy Egg topped with Grated Ginger and Garlic

    • Supplements for my joints, eyes, gut, and allergies including fish oil, fermented cod liver oil, probiotics, and others.

  • Lunch
    • Salads of all sorts. My daughter makes me great ones with added quinoa, but I usually make them with beans (usually chickpeas), tons of veggies, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, ginger, and garlic.
  • Dinner 
    • Our favorite dinner is broiled salmon marinated in soy sauce(Bragg's Aminos), lime juice, and garlic (fresh minced garlic poked into the meat)
    • Hearty salads topped with grilled chicken or fish
    • An occasional old fashioned home-made hamburger with ground sirloin (not chuck)
    • Crockpot meals
      • Split pea soup
      • Beef roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, celery
      • Chili
    • Home-made chicken soup:
      • I boil the chicken covered in water with a few veggies for broth till the meat falls off, then I remove the meat and set it aside to continue boiling the bones, cartilage, skin, and liver (or whatever innards I have), and the broth veggies. I boil these until the marrow is out, then I strain the bone broth, add back in the meat and fresh veggies and simmer till the veggies are soft (if I’m adding potatoes, I cook them separately first)
    • Lentils with vegetables and bone broth
  • Snacks:
    • Carrot and Celery Sticks dipped in plain greek yogurt or hummus
    • Nuts
    • Cheese: I want to cut out cheese, but this is a self-soother for me. My favorite is sharp high-quality cheddar, but I try to minimize calories by eating feta and good quality parmesan chunks.
    • Yogurt 
    • Fruit

 


Comments

Popular Posts